This is vital. I working as test engineer for mobile applications. I am using the tool Tplan robot(http://www.t-plan.com/robot/).
Major Benefits of T-Plan Robot Enterprise
- Platform independence (Java). T-Plan Robot runs on, and automates all major systems, such as Windows, Mac, Linux, Unix, Solaris and mobile platforms.
- Wide range of testable applications. As automation runs at the OS desktop level, the application technology is not relevant. The solution can automate Java, C++/C#, .NET applications, web applications (browser testing) and command line interfaces as well as processes usually considered impossible to automate, such as OS installation or mobile application testing.
- Support of Java test scripts as well as a proprietary scripting language.
- Record & Replay capability.
- Support of testing over the RFB protocol (better known as VNC).
- Ability to perform black box GUI testing of mobile phones (Windows Mobile, Symbian, iPhone).
- Easy to customize and integrate thanks to open architecture with a generic plugin interface and well documented programming interfaces.
- Tight integration with T-Plan Professional.
- Excellent support services.