Issue of an android app

Hi all,

i am testing an android app.......in which login section is there......

Scenario is that......

I do login and redirect to main section of the app.......

now when I press back button, i was redirected to the login screen with username & password details...........

So i hav to ask that is it ryt flow?

You need to be a member of Mobile QA Zone to add comments!

Join Mobile QA Zone

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Arvind,

Thnx for the rply.....

u said that home screen should be in pause state when session doen't times out......

As per my knowledge normally in other app, if user press back button from home screen then user exit from the app....

if user press back button and it'll not work.......then i think it can be raised a lil bit issue for users.....

Arvind Verma said:

Hey,

This mainly depends on the designer of the app.

Still we talk about other apps and their behavior in Android, it is as mentioned below:-

Actual Result:

If we talk about Android behavior, Activities (screens) get stacked up one over the other. So in the current scenario after pressing back on Home screen, user is taken to login screen.(Login in stacked under Home screen).

Expected:

The user should be taken to phone OS after pressing back on Home screen. If dev has implemented session time out then relaunching the app (after session times out, which probably should be there) user should be taken to login screen, else (when session doesn't times out) user should be taken to home Screen.

Note: Application wouldn't exit on pressing back, it will go in onPause() state. The application will get destroyed only if the dev. has implemented finish() on pressing back.

Thanks

Arvind

• Hey,

This mainly depends on the designer of the app.

Still we talk about other apps and their behavior in Android, it is as mentioned below:-

Actual Result:

If we talk about Android behavior, Activities (screens) get stacked up one over the other. So in the current scenario after pressing back on Home screen, user is taken to login screen.(Login in stacked under Home screen).

Expected:

The user should be taken to phone OS after pressing back on Home screen. If dev has implemented session time out then relaunching the app (after session times out, which probably should be there) user should be taken to login screen, else (when session doesn't times out) user should be taken to home Screen.

Note: Application wouldn't exit on pressing back, it will go in onPause() state. The application will get destroyed only if the dev. has implemented finish() on pressing back.

Thanks

Arvind

• Thanks sangram,
    one thing else, if i am testing keep me logged in functionality for login, then
    first i did login with tick the keep me logged in....
    second if i close the app without logout the app then app'll open without any login screen next time....
    third if I close the app after from logout the app then should app open with login screen with details username & password.....is it ryt? or without details of username & password......?
  • No. It is not the right flow. The user has already entered his login credentials. The user should not be asked to enter his/her credentials again.

The application should exit once the user press the back key on main screen.

This is the default behaviour in android to go on previous screen once the back key is pressed. The developer will need to override this behaviour.

Regards,

Sangram

This reply was deleted.
    results->result as $result) { ?>
  1. jobtitle;?>
    company;?>(formattedRelativeTime;?>)city;?>, state;?>
    Welcome to Mobile QA Zone, a Next Generation Software Testing Community.Invite your friends to join this community.Write to us to become a featured member.