Replies

• 3% of usage for regression testing

you need to consider every issue that you collect from app users (these information will be available through third party services you use in your app)

Ruma Dak said:

Thanks all.

@ Karigiridhar,  when you say more than 3%, did you mena bugs?

• So can you please let me know what is the difference between backtrack and regression.

Ruma Dak said:

Thanks Divya,

I agree with you that we should test on old devices as well.

• Thanks Divya,

I agree with you that we should test on old devices as well.

• If you are testing in Android platform, you need to test in lower end, higher end, and medium configuration devices also.

If your application supports different versions of Android, and those also needs to be tested. The application should be tested in 2.2, 2.3, 4.0, Tab .. also

For UI issues, in low resolution screens also testing has to be done.

• for the devices to choose -

you need to take the device platform - iOS/Android/BB/windows ..

based on the nature of the platform - the count of devices may vary...

if its iOS - the count is minimal

if its Android - the scope is huge, u need to take into consideration the OS of the platform ur app supports, and diff types of devices - standard and qwerty keypad type, touch and normal device, diff screen resolutions for UI issues..

~Anand

• Regression is totally based on the probability of issue which was found.

• Thanks all.

@ Karigiridhar,  when you say more than 3%, did you mena bugs?

• What is the strategy for Regression Testing of your mobile application?

-- Strategy depends on your features included in the app.

* How long do you spend?

-- this is typical question. again Time you spend in testing your app depends on features, issues you spotted in the past and range of devices you target your app to work on 

* How Many devices?

-- before you decide how many devices you need, make sure you have previous stats based on device model and OS. I always select devices which were more than 3%. 

• In case of devices one should opt for popular and latest devices having popular and common OS.

Correct me if I am wrong.

This reply was deleted.
    results->result as $result) { ?>
  1. jobtitle;?>
    company;?>(formattedRelativeTime;?>)city;?>, state;?>
    Welcome to Mobile QA Zone, a Next Generation Software Testing Community.Invite your friends to join this community.Write to us to become a featured member.