How to take screenshot of the application.

Hey!!

I wanted to know how do you guys take a screen shot of any issue/bug found during testing of any android application?

I tried a number of applications but majority of them set a timer when a screen shot could be taken. 

Any type of help will be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Abhimanyu B

You need to be a member of Mobile QA Zone to add comments!

Join Mobile QA Zone

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• hi abhimanyu if u r using Samsung galaxy tablet just hold the back key and press the unlock key such that u can take a screen shot of any page u want.

• I too am looking for an App to do this. But all of the Apps I have found require the device to be rooted....very annoying, so much easier testing an iPhone :)

Jon

Mobile App Tester - Testing4Success.com

Mobile App QA - Outsourced Mobile App Testing Service
    The No.1 Outsourced Mobile App QA Service. We offer an Efficient and Effective iPhone, Android and Windows Mobile App QA Service to suit any budget.…
  • Hi,

In case you are using a samsung android device; screen shots are easy: Just keep the back capacitive key pressed and press the home key.

Will get back with the way to take the screenshots in other devices.

~Aman

• Hey Bob,

Thanks for quick replies. I tried this aswell but for the app Droid VNC the device needs to be rooted, which i cant as the device belongs to the organization i work for.

I wonder if there is any genuine app that works!

Thanks

Abhi

bob lynch said:

Interesting problem...

What you could do if you have a decent Wifi router is use Droid VNC .  You can stream the screen of your Android device to your PC and using video capture to record the entire session .

Once the error occurs - stop the video recording and simply screenshoot the video . 

I use "wondershare demo creator" to record entire test passes and then supply snippets of the video or screenshots in bug reports .

• Interesting problem...

What you could do if you have a decent Wifi router is use Droid VNC .  You can stream the screen of your Android device to your PC and using video capture to record the entire session .

Once the error occurs - stop the video recording and simply screenshoot the video . 

I use "wondershare demo creator" to record entire test passes and then supply snippets of the video or screenshots in bug reports .

• Hey Aman,

Can you name some of the apps?

Thanks 

Abhi

Amandeep Singh Anand said:

Hi Abhi,

You can get free screen capture application in Android market, but most of them are trial version while you can buy the full version apps.

~Aman

• Hey bob,

The app takes a screen shot based on timer.(Correct me if im wrong)

Im looking which could take a screen shot to capture the deviation from the expected result while testing which could occur at any moment.

Thanks

Abhi

bob lynch said:

Hi Abhimanyu , 

There is a shake app -

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.gmail.nagamatu.drocap2

Your device must be rooted .

Install and give it a good shake to trigger screen capture .

bob

• Hi Abhi,

You can get free screen capture application in Android market, but most of them are trial version while you can buy the full version apps.

~Aman

• Hi Abhimanyu , 

There is a shake app -

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.gmail.nagamatu.drocap2

Your device must be rooted .

Install and give it a good shake to trigger screen capture .

bob

• Hi Abhi,

Install the eclipse in you PC, then start taking the screen shots,

Open the eclipse

connect the device (ur mob will be detected/ or install the Android sdk usb driver)

then u can take  any of screen shots

This reply was deleted.
Welcome to Mobile QA Zone, a Next Generation Software Testing Community.Invite your friends to join this community.Write to us to become a featured member.