How to take screenshot of the application.

Hey!!

I wanted to know how do you guys take a screen shot of any issue/bug found during testing of any android application?

I tried a number of applications but majority of them set a timer when a screen shot could be taken. 

Any type of help will be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Abhimanyu B

You need to be a member of Mobile QA Zone to add comments!

Join Mobile QA Zone

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks Abhi for detailed info.

Abhimanyu Bhatia said:

@divya  Rooting is the process by which you regain administrative access to your phone. Even though Android is an open source operating system you still don’t have full “root access” to do what you please. Back when the iPhone launched in 2007 the hardcore techies quickly realized the true potential of the device, and the cruel software limitations that Apple had sealed it with. What became ‘Jailbreaking’ on iPhone was quickly translated to other platforms as well, and when the world saw the first Android back in 2008, the term “Rooting” was born.

hope this helps!

Regards

Abhi

• Hi Abhi..

Install app called "Screen Capture" on to your Android device, even iam using it. Try it once...its free.

• Hey Abhi, why dont you take your laptop out aswell by connecting your Phone with USB Cable and take screenshot using DDMS. This way you are taking screenshot on fly. Hope it helps

• Amandeep Singh Anand said:

Hi,

In case you are using a samsung android device; screen shots are easy: Just keep the back capacitive key pressed and press the home key.

Will get back with the way to take the screenshots in other devices.

~Aman

hello ...

i am trying that option on samsung galaxy tab but that is not working .....

saurabh gupta

• Hi abhimanyu

when u take screen shot from android Tablet follow theses steps.

1. open screen shot of any issue/bug found during testing of any android application.

2.After that Click on back symbol continuously at that click on side capture button means side button while using keypad unlock.

Same process in android device also.

thanks

kalyan.

•  

Interesting :)
    Abhimanyu Bhatia said:

@divya  Rooting is the process by which you regain administrative access to your phone. Even though Android is an open source operating system you still don’t have full “root access” to do what you please. Back when the iPhone launched in 2007 the hardcore techies quickly realized the true potential of the device, and the cruel software limitations that Apple had sealed it with. What became ‘Jailbreaking’ on iPhone was quickly translated to other platforms as well, and when the world saw the first Android back in 2008, the term “Rooting” was born.

hope this helps!

Regards

Abhi

• @divya  Rooting is the process by which you regain administrative access to your phone. Even though Android is an open source operating system you still don’t have full “root access” to do what you please. Back when the iPhone launched in 2007 the hardcore techies quickly realized the true potential of the device, and the cruel software limitations that Apple had sealed it with. What became ‘Jailbreaking’ on iPhone was quickly translated to other platforms as well, and when the world saw the first Android back in 2008, the term “Rooting” was born.

hope this helps!

Regards

Abhi

•  

@Abhi : Me too finding the same thing. Just downloaded some apps but it is saying 'Not a Rooted phone'. So what is rooted phone? Could you please explain?

Abhimanyu Bhatia said:

Hey Hiranmay and Hari,

Thanks for your reply, but what i was looking for was an app on mobile device preferably for HTC mobile fones for taking a screenshot of the screen while the device may or may not be connected to a system(thru eclipse).

Till date i still have not found any app (leaving the ones requiring rooting of phone) with which one can take a screen shot of a running application.

ThankQ

Abhi

• Hey Hiranmay and Hari,

Thanks for your reply, but what i was looking for was an app on mobile device preferably for HTC mobile fones for taking a screenshot of the screen while the device may or may not be connected to a system(thru eclipse).

Till date i still have not found any app (leaving the ones requiring rooting of phone) with which one can take a screen shot of a running application.

ThankQ

Abhi

• use DDMS tool
This reply was deleted.
Welcome to Mobile QA Zone, a Next Generation Software Testing Community.Invite your friends to join this community.Write to us to become a featured member.