The mobile network is growing rapidly. Mobile Software now comprises all types such as from video up to mobile banking apps. We all know that testing mobile app is a rather intricate process.
There are numerous programs and Operating Systems, kinds of testing situations, and many different network connections and carriers in the picture for mobile applications.
Android & iOS are the most popular cellphone operating systems. There are millions of programs designed for these platforms which need to be tested.
What is Mobile Software Testing?
Mobile Software Testing is the method where software developed and designed for mobile devices (smartphones, tablet PCs or telephones ) are analyzed for its functionality, consistency, and usability.
Mobile Testing drops in the following categories:
Functional Testing: Fundamental Kind of Testing used to test functionalities of this program according to requirement specification
Performance testing: Performed for testing customer application performance, server performance, and network functionality
Memory testing: Mobile devices include restricted memory as compared to computers, this Kind of testing is done to Check the enhanced memory usage by an application
Interruption Testing: Employed to check interruption Because of incoming call or SMS, low memory warning, low battery warning etc when running the program
Setup Testing: Setup Testing is used to check for the easy and smooth installation process includes updating and simplifying too
Usability Testing: As always it used to check the efficacy, effectiveness, and satisfaction of application
Categories of Mobile Automation Testing Tools:
- Greatest Mobile App Testing Tools
- Cloud-Based Mobile Testing Tools and Services
- Mobile App Distribution and Crash Reporting Tools for Developers
- Mobile Performance Testing Tools
- Mobile Emulators to Test Websites Online on Mobile Devices
- Mobile Optimization A/B Testing Tool
- Mobile Defect Logging and Test Management Tool
- Mobile App Testing Services and Service Providers
Best Mobile Testing Tools 2020
Mobile app testing can be automated or manual. There are several mobile test automation applications utilized for this, maybe not all but a few of them are listed below according to popularity and usage.
Here we go. .
#1) TestComplete Mobile
With TestComplete, it is possible to make and run repeatable and robust UI tests across native or hybrid mobile apps.TestComplete includes support for Android and iOS apparatus.
- Automate your UI tests on actual mobile devices, virtual machines, or emulators. With TestComplete, there is no requirement to jailbreak your telephone or tablet.
#2) Ranorex Studio
Ranorex Studio is an all round solution for mobile program testing. Used by over 4,000 companies worldwide, Ranorex Studio is simple for novices using a codeless click-and-go interface and helpful wizards, but powerful for automation specialists with a complete IDE. Supports iOS and Android testing, such as native cellular programs and mobile web apps.
- Reputable object identification, also for web elements with lively IDs.
- Shareable item repository and reusable code modules for efficient evaluation creation and decreased maintenance.
- Evaluation on real devices without jailbreaking
- Run cross-device evaluations in parallel or use Appium WebDriver for cellular web tests
- Customizable evaluation report with video reporting of test execution -- see what occurred in a test conducted without needing to re-run the test!
- Integrates with programs such as Jira, Jenkins, TestRail, Git, Travis CI, and more.
- Website link: Start Your Free 30-Day Trial Of Ranorex Studio
Experitest: Accelerate mobile testing cycles and boost the quality of your releases with high-volume automated android testing
- Produce & implement hundreds of automated tests in parallel to real Android devices in the cloud
- Easily make your first Appium evaluation
- Run advanced mobile test automation directly from your IDE
- Automate any type of application, gesture, and situation
- Integrate with your CI/CD applications and workflow
- Automated mobile testing under real-life conditions
- Incorporate into almost any IDE, testing frame & CI for rapid application delivery
- Access visual test reports and innovative analytics
#4) Test IO -- Solving Your Mobile Testing Requires
Test IO is a leading SaaS platform for applications crowd testing: the constant testing of web and mobile applications by skilled human testers using actual devices. We understand the issues you will face in rigorously testing quality mobile apps, so let us help.
- Test on actual devices -- Expand your policy to hundreds of devices, platforms, and real people in real-world conditions. Make sure your software works on iOS, Android, and each OS version.
- Get feedback from actual people -- Our specialist testers have unbiased and fresh eyes on your goods. Testers find bugs that your internal team might not catch.
- Release quicker -- Human-powered doesn't mean slow. Remove the QA bottleneck with in-built, flexible testing that scales up with your needs.
#5) Kobiton (iOS And Android Device Cloud)
Kobiton is a portable device cloud system that offers access to real devices for running manual and automated tests on native, net and hybrid Android/iOS apps
- Constructed on top of this Appium open-source framework
- Continuously adding the latest hardware and OS updates into the apparatus lab
- Evaluation across apparatus without script modifications
- Automatically generated activity logs, commands, screenshots, and metadata allow for faster identification of issues
- Prepaid minutes of testing period that never expire.
#6) Robotium (Android)
Robotium is an Open-Source library designed specifically for Android UI testing
- It is an Android test automation framework provides support for hybrid and native apps
- With the test scripts, in Addition, It enables writing function, user and system acceptance test scenarios
- System Prerequisites : Android SDK, Eclipse for constructing the Exam project, ADT (Android Development Kit), JDK (Java Development Kit), Latest Robotium Jar file
#7) Calabash (Android and iOS)
Calabash is an automated acceptance testing framework preserved by Xamarin and Calabash consisting and may be contrasted with Selenium Web Driver
- It's used to perform Automated Functional Testing for cellular native programs
- It consists of 2 open-source libraries for example you for Android and yet another for iOS for testing hybrid and native apps
- It may provide the APIs for technical for touch screening encounters
- It works well with Ruby, Java, .NET, Flex and Several other programming languages
- Calabash needs Ruby 2.0, or even higher. OS X Mavericks comes with Ruby 2.0 installed.
- Calabash does require some knowledge of the bash prompt and Terminal. It will be necessary to update the document ~/.bash_profile.
- IOS devices should have the Xamarin Test Cloud Agent installed.
#8) Appium (Android and iOS)
- Appium is an Open-Source instrument for monitoring of native, mobile and net as well as hybrid programs on iOS and Android platform
- It is good for programs which are written in Android or iOS SDK
- Appium supports Safari on iOS along with the Rest of the built-in browser programs around Android
- No need to change any app code for testing as It's suitable to run on Android or iOS using the device or emulator
- This tool is also used for Automated Functional Testing of Android and iOS mobile apps
#9) MonkeyTalk (Android and iOS)
MonkeyTalk automates functional interactive tests for both Android and iOS apps
- It is an open-source application consist of three components like IDE, Scripts, and brokers
- IDE produces test scripts using playback and record, Agent is an evaluation instrumentation library connections with the app and Scripts include keywords, syntax, along with Java execution engines
- Everything from small"Smoke Tests" to the tough data-driven test suits for indigenous, hybrid and on-line programs
- The PC running the MonkeyTalk IDE as well as also the device running the program under test has to be on the same wifi system
- The source code of this program
- Android SDK
#10) iOS UI Automation(iOS)
IOS UI Automation is Apple's open-source test automation framework specifically for iOS programs
- helps automate interface tests through test scripts
- It Doesn't work well with other tools, methodology, and frame as it is a proprietary instrument
- It helps to reduce behavioural attempts and time needed for software product creation
- IOS SDK (4.0+) installed(latest one is recommended)
- 4.x simulator/device