Katalon Studio is recognized as a free test automation tool which is beneficial in the automation of mobile applications, websites and website services. It boasts of record, playback and manual mode which are beneficial to non-programmers for effective creation of automation test cases.
This tool is suitable for the automation of web services, mobile applications, and web application.
- Katalon Studio contributes as a free tool, which is introduced by KMS technology.
- This tool confers record as well as playback ability.
- It is possible to integrate the tool with qTest, Jenkins, Git, and Jira.
- This tool offers built-in templates to maintain test cases, object repository, and customized keyboards.
- This tool offers support to Groovy language and Java.
There is a wide array of reasons why mobile testing service providers use Katalon studio for the conduction of mobile testing. Katalon studio comes with various benefits as follow:
- The Katalon Studio includes a simple installation and setup. All you need is downloading the perspective package, following the Operating System from the Official website of Katalon Studio, extract it and activate the same with the aid of credentials.
- This tool offers record and playback feature along with scripting within the manual mode for the creation of test cases. This tool comes with a simple learning curve that enables the manual tester to create the automation tests at ease.
- Developers with sound programming knowledge and experience can make the best use of Katalon for the creation of test cases in the script mode.
- The built-in frameworks, templates and integration to Git, Jira, Jenkins features are beneficial in boosting the creation time of the test case. A potential user should focus on the test script's automation.
- The test result reports of Katalon are intuitive. You can export these result reports to CSV and PDF formats.
Role of Katalon Studio in Test Automation
The automation testing team uses Katalon Studio tool for handling different challenges. This tool makes use of Appium and Selenium libraries. The automation engineer should make sure to configure the tool, following the needs. The test scripts of Katalon covers the different basic functionalities for checking.
In addition to this, it enables the end-user to integrate the tool with GIT. With the aid of this tool, you will be capable of performing the automation testing, present in mobile and web application.
Katalon Studio has earned a high reputation as a popular tool for mobile testing, created by KMS Technology. This tool comes with Test Automation framework, which is free of cost. This tool is equipped with different built-in libraries, functions, and enriched User Interface, which will be useful to the potential audience to accomplish automation faster and easily.
This tool offers a helping hand in the automation of mobile application, web-based application, and APIs. Developed on Eclipse top, it provides an opportunity for the potential audience for the conduction of cross-browser testing.
Katalon Studio is recognized to be a popular tool which is useful in the creation of test scenarios, which simulate the workflow for the real business simpler and faster. It is a popular platform which provides the opportunity to run different automated tests for APIs, web interfaces, and mobile application. In addition to this, it offers suitable options for test recording along with analysis reports.
Tips to generate automation test in the Katalon Studio
Here is a list of the ways to generate automation tests in Katalon Studio:
Record and Replay
The Record and Replay mode provides the opportunity to the end-user to produce the tests, by the recording of the script. It is possible to replay it by tapping on the Run button.
The script mode allows the developer, equipped with sound knowledge of programming, to produce test cases. The automation engineer makes use of programming languages such as Java and Groovy for the editing and generation of test scripts.
Katalon Studio boasts of an assortment of ready-made keywords. Such a mode enables the potential user with little or no knowledge in the program, to conduct testing with the aid of the ready-made keywords.
The modes, as mentioned above, offer the opportunity to the potential audience to edit and add the test case and make preparations of final automated tests.
Katalon Studio is recognized as a popular tool which is useful in the creation of test scenarios, which simulate the workflow for the real business simpler and faster. It is a popular platform which provides the opportunity to run different automated tests for APIs, web interfaces, and mobile application. In addition to this, it offers suitable options for test recording along with analysis reports.
Mobile app testing is referred to a process to verify and validate if the specific application which is created for the smart device can accomplish specific needs of the customer. There are primarily three kinds of mobile app software which include mobile web apps, native apps, and hybrid apps.
Speaking of the software development process, it is a must to conduct mobile application testing before the launch of an application in the market. This specific step assures that the final product is operating properly during the customer experience journey. Mobile testing helps in checking the functionality and quality of the application. In addition to this, it enhances the user engagement of the application effectively.