E-Commerce is a tricky world. With reduced time-to-market and lowered development costs, incremental technological and market updates can mean a huge surge or plunge in business.
It can lure your loyal customers to your competitors within minutes. Hence, considering the ongoing pandemic situation, the eCommerce businesses recovering or trying to increase their sales should consider building a revamped online presence with a website and mobile app.
Before building a modernized mobile app, there are some key elements of the User Interface that you should take care of. In this article, we will talk about them.
Simple and interactive navigation and UI
User Interface is the first thing that users experience when an eCommerce app is launched. Here are some tips to enhance it:
- Avoid complex designs and text or animation overload
- Use easy on eyes color themes like monochromatic, analogous etc.
- Make sure products can be bought with minimal possible clicks.
Quick login and checkout
- Avoid asking customers about their personal details until necessary for security reasons.
- The buttons for payment and check-out should be placed in a thumb-friendly zone
- Give users the functionality to modify or change orders
- Use social media logins like Facebook or Google.
- Use autofill fields
- Employ error alerts to avoid any unsuccessful orders against typos and incomplete information
Optimize cart button placement
- The cart must be clearly visible to users for quick addition of products
- Product screens should have visibly clear and big ‘Add to Cart’ and ‘Buy Now’ buttons
- Ensure that users can easily add or remove the items from the cart.
Ensure all the elements and buttons in the app are placed in a reachable zone as it will ease efforts and ensure quick buying for buyers.
Here are the buttons that should be placed in the thumb-friendly zone:
- Add to cart
- Proceed button that leads from cart to checkout
- Pay button at the checkout screen
- Apply smart search that will auto-suggest products with the first few letters of the product typed by the users.
Delay in the loading of the website or an app page can cause an 11% decrease in customer satisfaction. Try to make your apps responsive and quick by following tips like compressing images or quick loading elements so as to reduce the latency in loading.
The best practices for building a mobile eCommerce app are endless. These are just a few of the basic ones that need to be taken care of. It is recommended that you get in touch with professional web design and development services to get started with your digital consumer experience journey.